INFORMATION PUBLISHED ON AT.NAIFA.ORG
November is National Long-Term Care Awareness Month and it is a great time to bring potential limited and extended care planning needs top-of-mind with your clients. It is important for every comprehensive financial plan to include LTC considerations. So even if LTC insurance is not your primary line of business, Long-Term Care Awareness Month gives you a good opportunity to get clients up to speed.
Fortunately, NAIFA's Limited & Extended Care Planning Center (LECP) offers expert connections and resources on a variety of LTC planning options you can discuss with your clients. LECP kicked off the month early with a special Halloween event, "Don't Be Scared of Long-Term Care." The recorded presentations and presentation slide decks from the event are now available on demand.
Learn from some of the best in the business on a variety of important topics.
- Tom Riekse, Managing Director, LTCI Partners - "Don't Be Afraid of Too Many Choices! Why the Many LCT Insurance Options Are Great for Financial Security Professionals and Their Clients."
- Jamie Sarno, Vice President of Medicare Supplement & Specialty Health Products, Amerilife - "Resurrecting the Sale"
- Chalen Jackson, Key Accounts Specialist, Senior Marketing Specialists - "Help Your Clients Avoid Skilled Nursing Purgatory - Mitigating Medicare Coverage Gaps"
- Patrick Cahill, CRPC, RICP, Head of Strategic Accounts, Coventry - "The Secondary Market for Life Insurance: Uncovering the Hidden Value"
- Tim Vannoy, CLU, ChFC, CFP, Regional Account Director, Care Solutions, OneAmerica - "Don't Be Scared of Hybrids"
- Corey Anderson, DIA, President and Founder, DI Geek - "The DI Geek: Don't Be Scared of Disability Insurance"
- Kevin Sypniewski, President and CEO of AGIS Network - "Large Employer Worksite: Traditional LTC... Dead or Alive?"
- Cindy Harris, Director of Sales, LifeSecure - "Get Into the Spirit and Talk LTC With Your Clients"
- Thomas Krause, J.D., Vice President of Sales and Marketing, The Krause Agency - "Leveraging Medicaid-Compliant Annuities in Crisis Long-Term Care Planning"
Another great resource is LECP Executive Director Carroll Golden, CLU, ChFC, LTCP, CASL, FLMI, CLTC, LACP. Her latest book, How Not to Tear Your Family Apart: A Practical Guide to Caregiving and Financial Stability, an Amazon bestseller in three categories, is a story about a family who successfully plans for extended care using a practical three-step process.